Music With No Name Volume 1
- the first ever World Music remix project was released in 1995 allowing CLUB- and dance floor access for a new and largely unknow music genre! - Melt 2000 presents a number of mainly South African artist with a Madala Kunene remix by Smith & Mighty that became a smash it when first played out by YFM DJ Rudeboy Paul.
Track Listing (30 Second Samples)
1. HUNGRY ON ARRIVAL, SPRING HEEL JACK MIX)
OUTERNATIONAL MELTDOWN with Fana Zulu, Moses Molelekwa, Shaluza Max,
Andrew Missingham, Byron Wallen, Airto Moreira and Jose Neto
2. ANCESTRAL, HEALING WOOB MIX
3. ABANGOMA, DJ SMASH MIX
BARUNGWA Moses Molelekwa, Shaluza Max, Andrew Missingham, Chris Bowden & Ike Leo
4. WHAT YOU SEE, ATTICA BLUES MIX
5. LOVE IS TOUCHING, METAMORPHOSIS MIX BY CHIEF X-CELL
6. UBOMBO, SMITH & MIGHTY MIX
7. TOGETHERNESS, HOW WENA MIX BY GAVIN HARDKISS
8. FIREWATER - JIVE TALK VIRGIN LAND MIX BY MOODY BOYZ
FOURTH WORLD with Airto Moreira, Flora Purim, Jose Neto and Gary Meek
9. SIYA DENGELELA KGONYANA, RONI SIZE MIX
SANGOMAS with Suzan Hendricks
10. ALL MEN AMEN, ULTRAMARINE MIX WITH IAIN BALLAMY
11. ACHISA, AMBIENT AFRICA MIX BY GREG HUNTER & KRIS WESTON
No labels, new progressions, 'Music With No Name' is a wildly eclectic remix collection of quality nu soundz created from a massive musical landscape. Dreamy drum 'n' bass, dubadelic beats, electro-ambience and trip hop breaks are messed and mixed up with M.E.L.T.2000's rich global catalogue.
Featuring source material from artists such as Flora Purim, Airto Moreira, John Tchicai, Pops Mohamed, Iain Ballamy and Barungwa, the album is a cross-cultural sound clash between world music and new music. Remixers on this exclusive collection include breakdown boys, Spring Heel Jack and Roni Size, Chief XCel from San Fran's hip hop headz Blackalicious, dance jazz supremo DJ Smash, Bristol dub duo Smith & Mighty, ex Orb members Greg Hunter and Kris Weston and KLF collaborator Tony Thorpe. This is no easy listening.
The first in a series, Music With No Name is a focused effort to expand and mutate the credo of Musical Energy & Loud Truth beyond 2000!